Wow. Check out the following mobile commerce statistics, as reported in an article published by Nextopia‘s Colin Withers on August 21, 2014:

“Mobile shopping isn’t just the future—it’s the present. A recent article over at Internet Retailer profiled the growth of mobile sales among their Internet Retailer Mobile 500 list, and the numbers are truly astounding.

Mobile sales are set to hit $83.78 billion in the Mobile 500 alone, up a staggering 80% from the 2013 figure of $46.56 billion.

The growth isn’t just limited to U.S. retailers alone either, as the Mobile 500 includes retailers from the United Kingdom, China, Brazil, South Africa, Russia, and 16 other countries. In addition, the report stated that mobile sales will account for 21.1% of the roughly $394.71 billion in total web sales amongst the Mobile 500, with tablets accounting for 59% of mobile sales and phones making up the remaining 41%.

So, what do these numbers mean for you? They indicate that if your current eCommerce site doesn’t fully support mobile shopping, you’re going to miss out on an exponentially-growing market segment.

As more and more shoppers turn to their tablets and phones for their shopping needs, it’s imperative that internet retailers deliver the same level of performance and ease-of-use on mobile devices as they do on their web stores.

At Unbound Commerce, we agree 100% and are offer dedicated mobile solutions for retailers who want more than just a “shrunken version” of their main site, resized for mobile.

Mobile consumers behave differently – when is the last time you saw someone walking into your retail store with a laptop in their back pocket? Mobile deserves to be treated as it’s own (rapidly growing) element of the omnichannel shopping experience.

Here is a related quote from the same IR article, “Mobile is a transformative technology,” says’s director of mobile shopping Paul Cousineau. “As our percentage of customers adopting mobile continues to grow, mobile can no longer be a limited subset of features or products. People do not put their phone down then go find a desktop to do something. They use their phone. And we think with clever use of functions and design, it is possible to give mobile customers 100%.”

Our design-build-deploy methodology ensures that product data flows in seamlessly from your ecommerce operations and we debunk the myth that there is “2 code bases to manage”. We offer the lowest total cost of ownership and most of our build take only 6-8 weeks.

We believe firmly that a dedicated, integrated mobile commerce approach means retailers and brands can leverage and extend their current ecommerce operations into mobile and tablet commerce, while also offering a unique experience, designed for maximum conversions rates and to deliver the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.

Speed matters! For 350+ top brands and retailers, we pre-load and cloud-host our clients product data in real-time, and this translates to FAST mobile page load times. On average, as measured by a third party, our dedicated pageload times out-perform transcoded sites by 3X and responsive design sites by up to 6X. Every second that a page is not loading is costing you $$.

Please think about mobile (and tablet) commerce as more than a “one size fits all” experience. Large retailers like Harry and David are on-board and recently announced they are shunning responsive design so they can deliver a dedicated mobile experience, purpose-built for their mobile consumers.

We are here to help.